Thursday 15 November 2012

Semi-final vs Lashor Devastation

Rich ready for the kick-off
The league commissioner made the Chaos Cup play-off draw recently and I was scheduled against the Lashor Devastation.  This team was, until very recently, coached by my mate Rid but he didn't want to take part in the play-offs - or indeed use his Chaos team ever again...  He sold the team to another Chelmsford Bunker member - who kindly stepped up and said he'd be happy to use them in the play-offs.  So, although the team was the same, the new team coach was Rich pictured above but using the same roster that Rid finished the league with.

Rich is plagued by bad dice rolls - he has a triple-skull tattoo in celebration of his infamous luck.  It happened again in our game where things just didn't go right for him.  Initially we were trading blows, each coach trying sending their minotaur to blitz their counterpart and just knocking each other about.  I'd received the ball on a touchback and managed to finally break out and score in turn 6 and I managed to hold Rich back from scoring in return in his last couple of turns.  My dice rolls were proving better than Rich's as I had managed to injure a couple of his players so for the second half he only had 11 players to use whilst I still have 15 available.

Kicking to Rich, the ball landed right up against the line of scrimmage and his Sure Hands beastman managed to fail to pick it up (multiple times over the game in fact).  I moved my players into the area surrounding it and before too long I blitzed the ball carrier, picked up the ball and headed for the end zone.  2-0 to me.  By now Rich was down to 10 men and struggling but I kept managing to knock out or stun his players.  As the game came to an end, I managed to score again to take the game to a 3-0 win for the Killers.

So - the Killers are in the final for the league's mini-Chaos Cup and I'll be taking on the Pink Horrors.  They had played the Slaves to Pleasure 1-0 at the same time I was playing against Rich so I now need to arrange the final game against the Horrors' coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment